Selecting Your Sword Size
We often get customer inquiries on how to select a sword from the many different sizes offered. We recommend first asking your martial arts teacher, since they may have their own preferences or rules on sword selection. This guide and chart will help you in deciding for yourself the appropriate sword.
For the most part, overall sword length (pommel to blade tip) is not significant. What generally matters - whether you are using your sword for practice, demonstration, competition, or combat - is blade length. To find your perfect fit, determine your own height and match it to the sword sizes on the chart below. This chart is based on the average individual, and follows International Wushu Federation (IWUF) weapon regulations. Select the weapon that matches closest to the determined ideal blade length.
SELECTING YOUR SHOE SIZE
Selecting footwear online is convenient, but it does offer the disadvantage of not being able to try on your shoes before purchasing. At Shopwushu, your satisfaction is most important to us. Follow these guidelines to select the right shoe size for you. If by chance the shoes you receive do not fit perfectly, simply return them to us in new and unused condition, and we will send you a replacement in the size you request. We can only accept returns if the shoes are still in new condition.
Finding the Perfect Fit
- Draw an outline of your foot on a sheet of paper, and measure the distance from toe to heel.
- Measure both feet. Some people have one foot slightly larger than the other. Choose the size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the socks you’ll wear most often with your shoes. For thicker socks, you may want to order shoes 1/2 size larger than you normally wear.
- Measure your feet in the afternoon, when feet tend to be their largest.
- Find the corresponding European (EUR) size. This is the size scale that Fei Yue Wushu shoes follow.